Infection prevention occupies three of the four most frequently cited elements of performance during Joint Commission surveys. A large proportion of adverse survey actions by CMS are also related to infection prevention.
The most problem-prone infection prevention challenge during a survey is the sterilization/disinfection cycle: collection, transportation, decontamination/cleaning, sterilization/disinfection and storage of reusable equipment. (See our blog for two recent posts related to this topic: High-Level Disinfection published September 27, 2018, and The Joint Commission’s ‘Enhanced Survey Process’ published November 1, 2018.)
Greeley consultants, Nancy White, and Catherine Garrison review the following in this workshop:
- Regulatory and accreditation requirements that pertain to disinfection and sterilization
- National guidelines that pertain to this issue
- Model procedures and quality control tools for high-level disinfection that are simple and implementable
- An online, living inventory of disinfection locations throughout your organization
- Sample tracer tool and simple data aggregation/analysis approach to monitoring compliance across all settings
After purchase, you will receive an email with links to the handouts and the recording. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your safe senders list to ensure you receive our communications.
|Nancy White, BSN, RN, CPHQ
The Greeley Company
|Catherine Garrison, BS
The Greeley Company
 The Joint Commission, most frequently cited elements of performance, Q1 through Q3 2018.
The Greeley Company is not responsible for the implementation of guidance offered during this workshop at your organization. The consultation provided during this workshop, including downloadable materials, must be customized to fit each organization’s unique situation and approved by the organization’s clinical and compliance leaders.
The Greeley Company is not affiliated with and does not represent any accrediting organization or regulatory entity. The Greeley Company does not provide legal advice.